The past few decades have witnessed rapid advances in sophisticated circuits, algorithms and systems to tackle many difficult problems and the hardware/software platforms to realize these solutions in physical form. Many of these solutions have been in the form of portable, embedded or wearable devices and systems while others have been distributed, decentralized and massively networked. A system on Chip (SoC) technology embodies and symbolizes much of these advances. A SoC system comprises of several cooperating, interacting, potentially heterogeneous hardware/firmware/software sub-systems.
The objective of the 8th International Symposium on Embedded computing and system Design (ISED) is to provide a congenial yet serious platform for experts from academia and industry to interact with young researchers in Computer Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Developments in these domains will have a large role to play in future electronic system design and technologies focusing on being user-friendly, eco-sensitive and energy efficient. The symposium would enable fruitful discussions between experts and other delegates leading to concrete contributions towards advancing the state of the art. Original, unpublished research papers are solicited from industrial and academic researchers. ISED strives to spur and share, examine and accelerate innovations and studies in a range of related areas, including but not limited to the following conference tracks:
- Embedded System Design (ESD)
- Software System and Application Design (SSD)
- Real-time systems and Applications (RTA)
- Signal Processing and Applications (SPA)
- Wireless/Wired Communication Systems and Networks (WCSN)
- Power System Automation (PSA)
- Internet of Things for healthcare Applications (ITHA)
- Emerging Technology and System Design (ETD)
- Power Aware System Design (PSD)
- High-Performance Computing Systems (HPCS)
- Analog/Mixed-Signal System Design (AMS)
- Digital System Design and Validation (DSD)
- Management of Data including Big Data and Analytics (MDBA)
- Sustainable Computing and Management (SCM)
- Information and Cyber Security (ICS)
- Mobile Cyber-physical Systems (MCS)
- Ubiquitous Computing and Embedded Engineering (UCE)
- Computer Vision and Image Processing Applications (CVIP)
- Sensor Networks and Systems (SNS)
- Building Machine Learning Systems (BMS)
- RFID, RF Engineering and Microwave Systems(RRM)
- Testing, Reliability, Fault-Tolerance (TRF)
- System Design and Security (SDS)
- Computer-Aided Design and Verification (CAD)
- Deep Learning Processors for Intelligent IoT Devices
- Integrating machine learning in embedded sensor systems
Proceedings: The conference proceedings will be submitted for inclusion to IEEE Xplore.
Journal Selection: Selected papers from ISED 2018 will published as a "Special Issue in Journal of Low Power Electronics (JOLPE)". JOLPE is indexed in the Web of Science Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI). Visit http://www.aspbs.com/jolpe/ for more information.
Full Paper Submission deadline : 30th September 2018.
Notification of acceptance date : 4th November 2018.
Final Camera-Ready submission : 15th November 2018.
Symposium/Conference : 13-15 December, 2018.
ISED Conference Secretariat,
Department of Electronics
Cochin University of Science and Technology
Kochi 682022, Kerala, India
Phone No: +91- 484- 2576418
Fax: +91- 484- 2575800
Co-sponsored By : IEEE Kerala Section